Friday, October 2, 2009

Janina's Senior Pictures!

Alright, everybody! It's been a hectic couple of weeks since I moved and was without internet for about a week (THE HUMANITY), but I'm back up and rolling and today we have Janina's senior pictures! They were really fun to do--we hit up Navy Pier and then spent a good chunk of time at a beach, which is where we got most of my favorites, and then headed over to Millennium Park for a couple at the bean.


Janina's cousin came along with us, and the funny thing was that she was totally like my friend Amy, who always knows where she's going and helps me find stuff. It was SO helpful. And Janina's little bro came along too, and he was probably my favorite 12-year-old boy ever, including all the ones I knew when I was 12 myself. He and I bonded over Harry Potter, which I just read in the past year and which, obviously, was awesome.


Photobucket

Well, as you can see, this was a really easy job for me. Janina is completely BEAUTIFUL and about as sweet and mellow as they come.




Photobucket

I showed this pic as her sneak peek, but it was so cute I thought it warranted a second viewing.



Photobucket

OMG THE CHEEKBONES. In the words of Rachel Zoe, I die.


Photobucket

This was something we gave a shot at the stained glass museum on Navy Pier, and it did something kind of weird to her eyeballs, but I love the light and I thought it was a really cool picture. I showed it to Janina and she and the entourage that day, and they totally oohed and aahed over it and made me feel good. :)


Photobucket

Well, it probably goes without saying, but I would totally kill for that hair.


Photobucket

Man, it was a gorgeous day. And, so long as you're not judging by the past few days, fall in Chicago is gorgeous and it's not too late to get your senior pictures done! Hint! :)


Photobucket

Okay, now does this, or does this not belong in a magazine? (Hint: it does.)

Photobucket

Janina has probably one of the most gorgeous smiles to ever hit my camera.

Photobucket

I loved this--something about it seemed very European for me.


Photobucket

I know I'm not really commenting as much as usual, but it's because everything is just so gorgeous that it's speaking for itself. And everything with Janina and company was just so easy, and such smooth sailing, which is kind of rare, actually. :) Normally when you're out and about in public, at least one or two weirdos are requisite, but that day, Chicago was on its best behavior.


Photobucket

STUNNING. This is a GREAT example of a lot of expression being conveyed without a big, over the top kind of face. Tyra would be proud!


Photobucket

Another one that seemed European to me ... or maybe Mediterranean! (Funny that I say these things since I've never actually left the country. But I want to, and I will someday!)


Photobucket

Alright, seriously, she's SO FREAKIN' CUTE! But I'm going to shut up about it for a minute and just let you look at the pictures. :)


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

Unshutting up to say ... does this not look like the side of an American Eagle shopping bag? Loves it!


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

Unshutting up again, for good this time, because WOW. I love this. Most of these pictures look like they could be in a magazine, but this one looks like it belongs on a full-fledged billboard. AMAZING. Love the model wind, and love the expressions that she makes with her face. She was an absolutely perfect model.


Photobucket

Awww, I thought this was fun! Love that lens flare, too! But the bean is hilarious to take pictures in front of because it's always surrounded by people, so you're pretty much guaranteed a lot of random butts in your picture. But it's also SO fitting because that's what the bean always looks like, you know? So here I like it because it's her front and a bunch of backs, with a neat shot of the bean and the sun coming through, and she's just a little removed from the craziness! Very fun picture, I think. :)


Photobucket


And the last one! I full-on tortured this poor girl, and had her bouncing her ball on her racket, which yeah, she makes look easy, but it was not. Friendos, I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without incident, and here she is, smiling, bouncing a tennis ball on a racket, making eye contact with the camera, ALL WHILE WEARING A DRESS! It truly boggles the mind!


Thanks, Janina, for a very fun session! The full gallery is at my Instaproofs site, and the password is Janina's last name (which should be easy if you know her, and tough if you don't)! Online ordering is available, and enjoy the pics! They're super amazing!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

these are pretty darn amazing - some of my favorites so far :)

Gail said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! Go ooon with 'yo bad self Sarah - you WORKED it this session!

One of my favorite shoots of yours from the year!

The Way EYE See It... said...

Those great smile shots really take the cake!

j.ro said...

this has to be one of my all time favorite sessions of yours sarah! hello to #1,2,and 7! LOVE'EM!

sarahbrowndowntown said...

Thanks, everybody! One of my favorites too, and she made it SO easy. :)

HirnMatsch said...

these are very good portraits ! like your work ..

new outlook said...

Which I only found out about because Outlook 2010 program informed me of it. You'll find this program is easy to use, and wonderful intergration. download Microsoft outlook 2010 have great features .