Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Morgan's Quasi-Senior Pictures

So I took these pictures like a million years ago (in August), and I call them quasi-senior pics because Morgan was actually entering her junior year at the time (and now she's in the full swing of it, and also, my junior year was awesome, possibly my favorite of high school, so hopefully hers is going well too). I looooove doing portraits and wanted to do more seniors in high school, but I just don't know that many teenage girls these days. Thankfully, my mom hangs out with Morgan's mom (because our brothers played football together, and this is how relationships form in the midwest, as I am well aware--around sports), and they agreed to let me guinea pig on them. And yes, I just used "guinea pig" as a verb.


Photobucket

So anyway, one of the things I was wanting to do (and would maybe like to do a little more of) was Morgan, who is like a multi-sport athlete which is SO far out of my comprehension, because hello, I am easily the biggest klutz on this earth, and did I tell you about how I fell down at Friday the 13th (the movie) on Friday the 13th (the day), and wound up with the cutest little heart-shaped bruise right on my kneecap? And what was I talking about? Oh, right, Morgan, the athelete. I wanted to get some pictures of her being sporty but in girly clothes, so we did this basketball in a dress stuff, and it came out awesome. Plus, I think it really helped loosen her up, because playing basketball in a dress is just kind of funny.


Also, there were two outtakes from this shoot that I want to post separately, maybe tomorrow, and one of them was from the basketball time, so keep that in mind.



Photobucket

Two things here, the first of which being that I love taking pictures of people on swings. It's a little challenging, actually, because of the movement, but it always comes out awesome. Secondly, I want you to look at this picture and think I'm hilarious, but the truth is, Morgan was cracking herself up here. Whenever her face would start to freeze, I'd say something to that effect and so she'd make a crazy face (which I have several outtakes of) and that would make her laugh again for real. Made my job real easy!

Photobucket

Now, I just think this is the hottest picture ever. I want to put it in a magazine or on a Billboard or something. Also, pause here to discuss where we're at (because what fun is it doing senior pictures of someone who goes to your alma mater if you can't reminisce a little about high school?)--this is Hummel Park, where I spent untold hours of my life growing up, especially as a teenager, because in Plainfield, like many towns like it, everything closes early and you don't want to go home because your parents will be there, and UGH, parents, so you end up doing things like knowing all the waitresses at Steak 'n' Shake, wandering aimlessly around Wal-Mart, or when it's nice, hanging out at Hummel Park, sitting on the hood of your car, or testing out the range of remote-controlled electronic fart devices. Hey, I'm not necessarily proud of it, but it's my life.


Photobucket

This one wasn't preceded by a funny face, so I may actually be that funny after all! (Oh, come on--you KNOW I think I am.) :)

Photobucket

A nice, pretty face shot with the gorgeous summer glow ... Summer! Come back to me!

Photobucket

Okay, now I can't remember what I said (possibly for the best), but this one WAS all me. Toot toot! There goes my own horn again!


Photobucket

Oh, you guys, I love these, and I mean looooooove. For those of you familiar with Plainfield, we were in the weeds out by the Thornton's gas station on 267. Morgan's mom, Tammy, was with us for the entire shoot and sometimes when I make people do things like stand in weeds, moms get a little nervous. Tammy, however, did not bat an eyelash, which was awesome. Also, Tammy had the most righteous bruise on her leg you have ever seen, and take it from someone who lives in a constant state of bruising due to aforementioned uncoordinatedness. I asked her what it was from and it was from sliding into a base during a softball game. Dude, I have never and I am thinking WILL never slide into a base EVER, so I'm extra impressed that one of my mom's friends did. That is beyond awesome.


Photobucket

This picture makes my life. I LOVE it, and I love the slightly grainy look and how sort of 70's it came out.

Photobucket

And one last one because I was so enamored with that set. Also, fun story, when Morgan and I were standing in the weeds (because yes, I did too, and in shorts, no less--although I did make use of the Deep Woods Off that I carry in my car all summer long), we heard the absolutely unmistakable sounds of a mouse, and it had to be like RIGHT THERE. Morgan got a look on her face that I can only describe as horrified-amused, but she managed to stick it out for a few more frames (and I'm really glad she did, the pics were great). You can believe that every time there was a rustle though, she jumped. :)

Photobucket

For our next adventure, we headed to Franklin Park, which is where I watched more baseball games than you can shake a stick at. I swear, I spent more hours watching Little League baseball in the summers than I spent in my own house. Well, and by "watching Little League", I of course mean escaping to play at the playground, complaining to my mom about how hot it was, being embarassed when I saw cute boys my own age at their games, and counting out change to buy Fun Dips and watered down cokes. Oh, good times. I just got a little nostalgic.


Anyway, Morgan knew about this rock, which just looks like a big old rock from the other side, which is how you approach it, but on the back side is some sweet Plainfield graffiti, and I swear, if I could go back and do my senior pictures again, I would be ALL OVER this. I'm so excited that she thought of it.


Photobucket


And because graffiti does often call for black and white, there ya go!


Oh my gosh you guys, I had so much fun doing this shoot. It was such a good time and I thought the pictures came out spectacularly. I put them up in a gallery at http://sarahbrownphotography.instaproofs.com/. As with all my seniors, there is a password on it, and it's Morgan's last name, which should be easy if you know her, so go check those out. And you know how we love comments around here, so don't be shy!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Love the field shots - she's definitely gonna want to make those nice and big on a wall somewhere - BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! I totally read that part about the "mouse" as "moose" and I was like WHAT? MOOSE? In Indiana?????

Yeah, It's a Monday. I know that because Andy accidentally drove across town this morning with my keys and coat in the backseat of his car, leaving me coatless and stuck walking to work. And while it may have officially been spring on Friday, it IS NOT SPRING. I am still freezing to death.

Looks like a fun session! I love that big graffiti rock.