Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's a-happening, hot stuff?

Does anyone even know what that's from anymore? Hint: It's Sixteen Candles, and bigger hint: if you haven't ever seen it, you are SERIOUSLY missing out.

So the big news is this: I am officially moving to Chicago. I found an apartment over 4th of July weekend so I'm going public with the news. I've been totally nervous about sharing this information with people (especially client people), but everyone has been so great about this.

How this will affect clients: Really, you shouldn't notice a difference in anything but my address. I will still have e-mail and a phone, and I have plenty of family and friends around here to stay with and it's not going to cost you anything for me to travel, since I've already committed to being here. I will be back at least twice a month through October, so if anyone still has sessions that they need to schedule, it should be pretty easy to get those in. Yay!

If anyone feels like referring me to their friends or family in Indianapolis ... PLEASE DO! I will still be available for weddings, and because of the ties here I've already mentioned, possibly even portrait sessions of someone is willing to work with my schedule. We're still fairly early in the season and I have already met so many people that I adore at the weddings I've done that I would hate to miss out on anyone's future wedding (if they'll have me!) just because of a little car time!

I know it's both cat AND human nature to be curious, and since I'm not posting any pictures in this one, I'll just go ahead and offer up some personal information instead. The reason that we're moving is that Billy is going back to grad school at Northern Illinois University. He's doing orientation and mobility, which is a special education program that focuses on the visually impaired. Obviously, quite a change from advertising! I'm totally proud of him and I know he's going to go make a difference in the world.

We are actually splitting the difference between DeKalb and Chicago and have landed an apartment in Naperville, where we will be the resident hobos. (Not really, but ... okay, really.) If you think I talk about Jamba Juice an annoying amount of the time now, just wait until I am in the same town with one. It's gonna be out of control.

If anybody has any questions or worries or wants to talk to me about this, PLEASE don't hesitate. I'm going to do everything I can to make this transition as smooth as possible for all my clients, and I really don't foresee any problems.

In much, much more minor news, I am definitely experiencing little growing pains here and there with the business! The computer I am using has been very trusty and faithful, but I have SO bogged that thing down and it's not exactly what you'd call lightning fast. It's possibly not even what you'd call turtle fast. It's like ... glacial fast. Anyway, to combat this, I have ordered a shiny new Mac but I don't expect it until next week. After that, my speed will hopefully pick up significantly. Thank you to everyone waiting on pictures for your patience. I love you guys and totally feel like I have been the luckiest person in the world with my clients!

Along those same lines, I don't want you guys to get bored with my blog or to stop checking in, so I'm going to try to post little random bits here and there just for entertainment (like my SnoCone post!). I am also going to be offering a few special deals, possibly in the form of contests or something, for past, present, and future clients, so check back on those, hopefully in the next week or so!

And finally, don't be alarmed if you see my logo changing here and there. I've got something right now that is workable and slightly better than the arial font I've got going on now, but at some point I would like to hire a professional to design something more graphic and more "me", so no worries, I'm not having a total identity crisis or anything. :)

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me through this blog post and all the other stuff going on. It's a really exciting time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats sarah! i'm sure you'll pick up new clients where you're at in no time! keep us posted!

Gail said...

Great post Sarah - so glad you decided to "dish" the news. And I LOVE your title for this post ... I was in a "Sixteen Candles" kind of mood the other day ... I think it's because I spotted a red Porsche in someone's driveway ;)

nicole green said...

yay i'm glad you spilled the beans! :)

ahow628 said...

You said it. Perfect timing to say the least. As for Chicago, you know how I feel about it, so Marlene and I will certainly be up there on a decently regular basis.