Friday, January 11, 2008

Donkey

Okay, so this is the first in what I hope to be a long and fruitful ongoing project, where I post different pictures three times a week (that's my personal goal) in hopes of stretching my photography muscles (photoyoga?), trying new things, and learning some stuff.


Alright, so this is a donkey that lives on my mantle. He's one of those little push toys that I always loved but never had as a kid, so Billy got him for me in a dollar bin at Target and he's the cutest thing ever. And he moves really well, except that sometimes his head spins around like in The Exorcist.

Anyway, about the picture. I chose the donkey because I wanted to try to make a picture look sort of old-timey and he seems like an old-timey toy. The right side looks pretty washed out on the PC I'm using right now, but it's not so bad on the Mac. Donkey is still looking okay though. I desaturated him, but not all the way, and added a diffuse glow filter. And added some blue to the color balance. This was the end result, and I love it. I would totally hang it in a kid's room or something, if I had one of those. (Kids or rooms. I live in a studio.)

2 comments:

The Way EYE See It... said...

it has the desired effect in my opinion! I like the balance.

/// said...

OMGOMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I want this hanging on my wall! WHOA.

That is so lovely, SB. I love it in a big way. How is the background white??? I don't get it?

It's BEAUTIFUL!